The Bishopric ’s scale is comparable with the province border of Limburg. Around 1860 bishop Paredis got his seat in a new bishop’s palace in the former Oliestraat. The square shape of the existing building, used as a farm, has been preserved. The courtyard was covered in the seventies. The exterior at the street side was restored thoroughly between 1930-1935 and got its final front by architect Caspar Franssen.
As the bishop's hierarchy was restored in 1853, Roermond has been giving back its bishop's seat.
De afstanden genoemd in onderstaande tegels zijn de afstanden vanaf de bovenstaande locatie.