At house Oyen, the Maria chapel can also be found. This chapel dates back to the 17th century and has to do with the pedestrian crossing to Belfeld. This footbridge was in use until the Second World War. This chapel was also restored by the municipality in 1980. The Oyen house is private property and can only be visited from the outside.
Castle house Oyen and Maria chapel Kessel
Castle house Oyen was rebuilt in 1572. Prince of Orange William 1 had previously ransacked and set fire to the house. The new house was built in Renaissance style. The soapstones (alternating brick and marlstone) are typical of this era.
The distances mentioned below are the distances from the location above.