Opposite the Molenkapel in Kessel, until 1944, there was a windmill, dating from the 16th century. This mill was destroyed on 19 November 1944. A millstone now stands on the spot where the mill used to be.
The Molenkapel used to be located at a junction of seven roads. These days The current form of the chapel dates from 1918, as stated in the inscription. In 1981, the chapel was restored for the last time.