Heilige Medarduskerk

Heilige Medarduskerk
Kerkstraat 1
6019 AD
WESSEM

Places of interest

The Holy Medarduskerk was built in 1946.
In  1944 the church was destroyed for the most. Only the substructure of the tower, the walls of the choir, the side naves and some columns survived. Vicar J. Steinhart wanted to break down the remnants and replace them by a new church at a central spot in the village. Cuypers takes care of the restoration works of this marl stone basilica.
On December 31 1949 the building was ready, with the exception of the tower. The tower was demolished and  in 1950-1951 rebuilt , a bit higher and a couple of meters to the West.

     

Nearby

The distances mentioned below are the distances from the location above.

 
0,22km
Restaurant
 
0,25km
Walking/hiking routes
 
0,49km
Restaurant
 
 
1,32km
Lunchroom
 
1,58km
Cycle route
 
1,58km
Restaurant
 
1,80km
Walking/hiking routes
 
1,82km
Restaurant
 
2,21km
Restaurant
 
2,41km
Walking/hiking routes
 
2,50km
Restaurant
 
2,53km
Walking/hiking routes
 
2,62km
Café or pub
 
2,64km
Restaurant
 
2,68km
Cycle route
 
2,73km
Walking/hiking routes
 
2,76km
Walking/hiking routes
 
2,77km
Walking/hiking routes
 
2,77km
Walking/hiking routes
 
2,77km
Cycle route
 
 
3,30km
Walking/hiking routes
 
3,79km
Walking/hiking routes
 
3,81km
Cycle route
 
3,82km
Walking/hiking routes
 
3,82km
Walking/hiking routes
 
3,97km
Walking/hiking routes
 
4,13km
Cycle route
 
4,19km
Walking/hiking routes
 
4,20km
Walking/hiking routes
 
4,21km
Walking/hiking routes
 
4,21km
Cycle route
 
 
5,17km
Mill (partner)
 
 
 
5,46km
Walking/hiking routes