From excavations revealed that earlier the castle consisted of a large dungeon. The foundations there of are below the eastern tip of the present building. In cooperation with the Municipality and the State the restoration has started in 1992. Over time, the castle was 13 times rebuilt and in the 17th century it received its present form. The moat and gatehouse have disappeared in the course of the 19th century.
The name 'Baexem' is first mentioned in a charter from June 1244. Recently there was an extraordinary discovery nearby the castle: a signet ring from the year 1293 from the knight Lenvalus from Baexem.
The distances mentioned below are the distances from the location above.