Lemmensmolen Kinrooi

Lemmensmolen
Breeërsteenweg 230
3640
KINROOI

Places of interest

The Lemmensmolen is a windmill built in 1856. Mountain corn and oil mill type.

Brick windmill built in 1856 as a grain and oil mill. The name Lemmensmolen comes from the family of the same name, who owned the mill from 1919. Milling was by wind power until 1964, then switched to an engine. The mill had a history of highs and lows. In 1979, there was even a decision to demolish the mill. However, thanks to the efforts of local residents and the association Molenzorg Molenechos vzw, demolition could be prevented. The hull has three storeys and a distinctive overhanging mouse-tooth frieze under the roof.

Visits on request
By phone: +32 89 702445

Nearby

The distances mentioned below are the distances from the location above.

 
4,23km
Walking/hiking routes
 
5,32km
Restaurant
 
 
5,62km
Cycle route
 
 
 
6,68km
Walking/hiking routes
 
6,68km
Cycle route
 
6,68km
Walking/hiking routes
 
6,68km
Walking/hiking routes
 
6,71km
Walking/hiking routes
 
6,75km
Mill (partner)
 
 
 
6,81km
Cycle route
 
6,82km
Restaurant
 
6,83km
Walking/hiking routes
 
6,84km
Walking/hiking routes
 
6,88km
Walking/hiking routes
 
6,88km
Walking/hiking routes
 
6,89km
Cycle route
 
6,99km
Walking/hiking routes
 
7,00km
Restaurant
 
 
7,50km
Restaurant
 
 
7,57km
Walking/hiking routes