Mill Sint Jan has a history of hundreds of years. It is the oldest authentic windmill in Weerterland. In 1804, this current mill, which dates from 1783, was rebuilt on the edge of the village. Before that, the mill stood further from the village. In 1898, the Maes family of brewers from Stramproy bought the mill, and in 1901 Hubert van de Winkel joined as miller. In 1918, Lei van de Winkel took his place at the mill. The bronze statue next to the mill recalls Lei de Mulder.
To put the mill on the wind, cruising in jargon, the miller has to turn the complete mill house, which rests on a heavy wooden vertical shaft.
The Sint Jan's Mill in Stramproy turns on fixed Wednesdays and Saturdays. See the agenda on the website. Viewing outside opening hours is also possible by appointment (via website or by calling +31 (0)6 4185 8517).