The oldest remains of the church were found during surveys in 1948. These were post holes, which may have originated at the same time as the founding of a cemetery. It is suspected that even before 1000 a three-nave wooden church without a tower stood here. After a fire, this church was succeeded by a stone church on a boulder foundation with a heavy tower on the west side. Today the church is used as a Roman Catholic church.
The oldest mention of the church appears in a charter from 956.
The distances mentioned below are the distances from the location above.