In 1839, the Gothic church was replaced by a simple hall church, retaining the Gothic tower. Later, in 1923, architect Jos Wielders designed a new church next to the old one. This new church, built according to the principles of the Amsterdam School, was a cruciform church with a short nave supported by concrete trusses. Unfortunately, this church was blown up by the retreating German occupiers on November 15, 1944, leaving only the concrete trusses.
In 1949, a new, slightly larger church was built on the same foundations, also designed by Jos Wielders. The Sacred Heart statue at the church was placed on the occasion of the inauguration of the new church in 1925. The statue, most likely designed by Albert Verschuuren and manufactured by the Thissen studio, is located near the brick cross church. The tower on the side, covered with an incurved needle spire, leads to the entrance of the church. A relief St. Barbara statue, made of ceramic by Renald Rats in 1948, adorns the top of the round-arched entrance. Inside the church, above the choir, is a mural created by H.M. Kluytmans in 1961. The organ in the church is a 1953 Verschueren organ.