In 1584, the inhabitants built an earthen wall and a moat around the village for protection. Over the years, this wall lost its function. Around 1960, sewers were constructed and the moat filled in, the course of which is still clearly visible today.
The Wall Neeritter
During the Eighty Years' War, Neeritter, a free village with its own jurisdiction and belonging directly to the Prince Bishop of Liège, suffered greatly from marauding bands of soldiers.
De afstanden genoemd in onderstaande tegels zijn de afstanden vanaf de bovenstaande locatie.