The history of the Verbeek Mill
Verbeek's Mill stands on the south side of the village centre on Molenweg, not far from the road to Montfort. The windmill was built in 1883 to replace another mill that burned down in 1882. The Verbeek Mill operated until the early 1950s. Unlike other mills in Limburg, this mill was not destroyed by the German occupiers but was damaged when British troops took Sint Odiliënberg in January 1945.