The Hieronymusklooster from 1437 was reshaped in 1569 into a Episcopal residence for the first bishop of Roermond. In 1610 the buildings got an educational and religious function. Shortly after the city fire in 1665 it was rebuilt. The Jesuits managed the college until its abolishment in 1775. In 1864 the education changed into the Rijks H.B.S. for over hundred years. On the spot where in the 15th century a monastery church arose, in 1990 a theatre was built after the design of Rudy Uytenhaak.
Two l-shaped brick wings from the 18th century and a short street wing together form the monastery remains.
De afstanden genoemd in onderstaande tegels zijn de afstanden vanaf de bovenstaande locatie.