The Voorste Luysmolen

Voorste Luysmolen
Luysenstraat 2
3590
Bocholt
The Voorste Luysmolen

Places of interest

Underslag water mill dating from 1515. Type of grain mill, located on the Aabeek.

The Voorste Luys mill is first mentioned in 1515. Petrus Luys was the first miller at this water mill, which remained in continuous operation until 1965. Initially, the Luysmolen was a fulling mill for processing (fulling) fibers from which cloth is made. From the 19th century, the mill was used as a grain mill. In 2000, the Flemish Land Company acquired the watermill and had the mill restored in milling condition. This included the construction of fish ladders so that fish can safely pass the mill. Since 2014, the municipality of Bocholt is the owner and the mill is part of the nature education center at nature reserve De Luysen and reception point of GrensPark Kempen~Broek.

The water mill is open every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and additionally during mill days. Near the mill is an information center of Kempen~Broek which is open from Tuesday to Sunday.

Nearby

The distances mentioned below are the distances from the location above.

 
2,22km
Walking/hiking routes
 
2,22km
Restaurant
 
 
4,71km
Restaurant
 
5,38km
Walking/hiking routes
 
5,40km
Walking/hiking routes
 
5,52km
Restaurant
 
 
 
6,94km
Cycle route
 
7,56km
Car or motorbike route
 
 
7,65km
Walking/hiking routes
 
7,65km
Walking/hiking routes
 
7,65km
Walking/hiking routes
 
7,65km
Walking/hiking routes
 
7,65km
Walking/hiking routes
 
7,75km
Walking/hiking routes
 
7,95km
Cycle route
 
 
 
9,27km
Walking/hiking routes
 
9,44km
Restaurant
 
9,54km
Cycle route
 
9,74km
Lunchroom
 
9,75km
Cycle route
 
9,76km
Walking/hiking routes
 
 
9,76km
Walking/hiking routes
 
9,76km
Lunchroom
 
9,77km
Restaurant
 
9,79km
Walking/hiking routes