Huize Roffaert Baarlo

Huize Roffaert
Alliantiewapen Heren van Kessel
Huize Roffaert
Ingang huize Roffaert

Places of interest

Huize Roffaert is a monumental building in Baarlo. It originally belonged to Oyen Castle as a surety loan from Broeckhuysen Castle. The building is currently inhabited and therefore not accessible to the public..

In 1364, the first occupant of the house took up residence. That was Floirken Roeffart, a weapon boy. Above the entrance gate hangs an alliance coat of arms, which dates from 1626. This alliance coat of arms stands for the Lords of Kessel. All castles in Baarlo used to be owned by the Lords of Kessel.

After 1700, various owners lived in Huize Roffaert. The east and west wing were rebuilt in 1937 after being destroyed. In 1996, the building was restored for the last time.

Nearby

The distances mentioned below are the distances from the location above.

 
4,24km
Restaurant
 
 
5,07km
Restaurant
 
7,47km
Restaurant
 
8,43km
Restaurant
 
8,47km
Restaurant
 
8,55km
Restaurant