The mill was in operation until 1960. After the mill was purchased by the former Maasbree municipality, it was restored in 1976. From 1996 onwards, the mill was once again used as a grain mill.
In 1326, the water mill in Baarlo belonged to the Huys Baerlo, the present-day Kasteel d'Erp. The mill belonged to the category of 'subsoiler mills' and was converted in 1850 into an oil mill with a conveying system.
The distances mentioned below are the distances from the location above.