From the Middle Ages, this watering hole was used as a drinking place for cattle. The cattle had grazed in herds on the 'common' meadows and forelands of the Meuse and returned to the village in the evening with their shepherd.
From the beginning of the 19th century, this sprunk became the village washroom. The current building therefore dates from 1870. The women from the village came to the sprunk with wheelbarrows and baskets full of laundry to do their washing. As a matter of course, the most important village news was discussed.
Nowadays, historical laundry demonstrations are still regularly organised.