Mill De Nijverheid (Mill of Nijs) Stramproy

Mill De Nijverheid
Veldstraat 54
6039 ED
Stramproy
Mill De Nijverheid in Stramproy

Places of interest

Mill de Nijverheid (also called Mill of Nijs) is a corn mill. It is a round, brick, bell windmill built in 1903.

In 1903, a stone windmill was built in the hamlet of Breyvensroth in Stramproy on the Rotterveld. In 1921, miller family Nijs bought the mill and until 1974, a Nijs miller would always grind on mill De Nijverheid. As a result, Mill de Nijverheid is also popularly known as Mill of Nijs. In 1975, the Nijs heirs transferred the mill to the municipality of Stramproy. Afterwards, Jac Nijs Jr. was appointed as voluntary professional miller. From then on, millers were trained at the mill De Nijverheid. Between 2009 and 2011, the mill underwent extensive restoration. The neighbourhood laid out a mill garden around the mill and built a bakery near the mill.

Mill de Nijverheid is regularly open on Saturday mornings. See the agenda on the website. The mill turns and grinds often and can be visited even then. Viewing outside opening hours is also possible by appointment (via website or by phone on +31 (0)6 4185 8517.

Nearby

The distances mentioned below are the distances from the location above.

 
4,00km
Restaurant
 
4,35km
Restaurant
 
5,90km
Restaurant
 
6,27km
Restaurant
 
6,28km
Restaurant
 
6,39km
Restaurant
 
6,54km
Restaurant
 
6,59km
Restaurant
 
6,59km
Restaurant
 
6,61km
Lunchroom
 
6,86km
Hotel
 
7,85km
Restaurant
 
8,15km
Restaurant
 
9,71km
Restaurant
 
9,81km
Restaurant