Sint Dionysiuskerk

Sint Dionysiuskerk
Pastoor Pinckersstraat 3
6071 NW
SWALMEN

Places of interest

The Sint Dionysiuskerk stands at a spot where once upon a time a Franconian fortress was looking over the river Maas.
In the 9th century the fortified building was plundered by the Vikings, after which the church was built in the 11th century. The Roman church gets a Gothic tower in the 16th century, after the original tower has collapsed by the flood of the Maas. In 1916-1917 the church is renovated by Pierre Cuypers. He makes use of the opportunity to enlarge the church. A new choir in Roman style is built with the use of stones from the river Maas. A visit of the church can be combined with the Culture Historisch Museum Asselt, opposite the street. 

Nearby

The distances mentioned below are the distances from the location above.

 
0,22km
Restaurant
 
0,24km
Lunchroom
 
1,63km
Lunchroom
 
3,41km
Restaurant
 
3,70km
Restaurant
 
3,77km
Café or pub
 
3,79km
Restaurant
 
3,79km
Lunchroom
 
3,79km
Lunchroom
 
3,80km
Lunchroom
 
3,89km
Lunchroom
 
3,90km
Restaurant
 
3,94km
Lunchroom
 
4,31km
Restaurant
 
5,18km
Terrace
 
5,18km
Lunchroom
 
5,55km
Restaurant
 
8,04km
Lunchroom
 
 
9,14km
Restaurant